How to Fix 'Canon Printer Is Offline' Error?
- 24 February 2021
Canon is a trendy brand of printers used by people worldwide because they are technologically advanced and include many exciting features. Canon Printers are best for both home and office use. You need to connect the printer to the computer to run it smoothly. The offline error of the Canon printer is a common issue that prevents printing or scanning documents. If your printer is showing offline and needs assistance, you can dial Canon printer support and speak to a certified professional. You can also try these necessary troubleshooting steps to get the printer back online.
Steps to Resolve Canon Printer Offline Error:
Whenever users see a message where the Canon printer is showing offline, it can be very frustrating because it will halt work. Use these tips to check your printer and make sure everything is in order.
- Check the cables: Computers and related devices use a lot of wires. If these wires are not connected properly, the system will malfunction. The first step you can do is to make sure all the connecting wires are in place, and the printer is securely connected to the computer.
- Restart your system: This may sound like a simple solution, but it is beneficial. You can first try turning the printer off and then switching it on after some time. This will reset the default printer settings and could help sort out the issue quickly. Try to restart your computer if the earlier step fails.
- Check printer components: The printer has multiple smaller components connected so that the printer runs smoothly. If there is a problem with any of the components, then it is possible that the printer will not work and will appear offline. You can try checking ink and toner cartridges along with the feeder sheets and output trays to make sure everything is in place.
- Printer Jam: Jammed printers are a common reason why Canon printers show offline. Torn paper or damaged paper, paper clips, and staple pins can cause printers to jam and halt printing. Check the papers to make sure nothing is jamming the printer.
- Update Canon printer software: To serve their users better, Canon will regularly release printer updates with added features and bug fixes. Try to connect to the internet and update your printer drivers and software to resolve the issue.
If you implement the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, you can fix Canon Printer offline error and resume printing. But you must remember that these are fundamental troubleshooting steps. Sometimes the offline error issue could be because of a technical error. In that case, you will have to speak with a trained expert to fix the problem. Luckily Canon offers its customers 24 hours technical support. You can contact Canon printer support any time of the day to get expert advice on a range of issues.